Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2002 auto door lock - turn it off?

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2019, 8:40 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Default 2002 auto door lock - turn it off?

My 2002 Express 2500 has power locks and as built they get a signal to auto-lock once you start moving. However since I got it this has always worked erratically and finally Tuesday it cycled repeatedly in a 10 minute drive home, including once with the ignition off and the right front door open.

I looked into this before and I believe it's too old to try to reprogram with the key.

Is there a specific wire connecting to the relay that I could just clip so it no longer gets this signal?

My concern now is it could start cycling when turned off and run the battery down.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 4:24 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine is programmed via the four buttons on the dash left of the gauges. You have the older style, so I have no idea. If you were to look up the schematics, you could probably find the correct wire to remove, but maybe not. I forget how they do that. You must have a loose or corroded connection somewhere.
Old May 16th, 2019, 9:13 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

I ran into a wiring diagram for remote start that noted a purple wire was the "signal wire" to the power locks, but it's been difficult to locate a good diagram I can be certain is correct. I'd like them to still work, just not get the signal from the computer.