Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2005 Chevy Express- SRS light, pretensioners, and other front seat questions

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2019, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy Express- SRS light, pretensioners, and other front seat questions

Hello, I have a 2005 Express AWD 1500 passenger van. The problem: The SRS light is on, giving codes B0083, D0084, and U1016.

The reason for the problem: The prior owner swapped out the original power driver seat, and the original passenger manual seat, for different Express Van seats, both manual, from unknown years. None of the connectors under the seats are hooked up to anything, and neither seat has connectors that could be hooked up to connectors that are lying on the floor. The seat belt reminders (chime and light) never come on. The seat buckles on the replacement seats do not have pretensioners.

I need help with a solution: I would love to go back to the original seats by purchasing a replacement power seat for the driver side, and a replacement manual seat for the passenger side, but they are expensive and the power seat is hard to find. In the meantime, I'm trying to find a electrical solution to the connectors lying under the seat so that I can get the SRS light to turn off. Here are some questions for an interim solution:

Driver's side: See following picture. I think the yellow plug (two wires- orange and green) might have been hooked up to a pretensioner seat belt. Did 2005 Express passenger vans come with pretensioners? For both seats? Could I purchase a driver's side pretensioner buckle and bolt it onto the existing manual seat in place of the existing non-pretensioner buckle? I suppose its possible that some of the connectors are generic, and were installed but not used in every model of the express.
Does the other connector under the driver's seat (5 wires- green, black, red/white, pink, and white) just provide connections for the power seat? Or does it also have some relationship to the SRS and/or the light/chimes for the seat belt? If anyone has a wiring diagram that shows these connectors, it would be really helpful.

Driver's side- 2 connectors

Passenger side: See picture below. There is only one connector (four wires- black, red, green, and red/white) under the seat. There is no yellow connector which seems strange. Is it possible that 2005 Express passenger vans just came with a pretensioner on the driver's side and not the passenger side? Also, the replacement seat does not have an occupancy sensor. Did the 2005 original passenger seats have an occupancy sensor? What are the four wires in the passenger connector for, if they weren't for a power seat? Which ones relate to the SRS, occupancy sensor, pretensioner, or seat belt chime/light? Could I purchase one of those occupancy sensors that gives the right signal to the SRS system? What wires would I hook it up to? Again, I would love a wiring diagram that showed what each of the four wires does.

Passenger side connector

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old April 27th, 2019, 1:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database