Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2008 CHEVY EXPRESS STEREO INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2008, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 CHEVY EXPRESS STEREO INSTALL

My company just purchased (2) 2008 Chevy Express cargo vans with the radio previsions only. I have selected a pair of single DIN Stereos for both the vans. I'm trying to find out which dash kit, wire harness, and antenna adapter i need(if any). I'm trying to use Walmart.com but they don't have anything vehicle specific. Anyone maybe have a write up on how to remove the cubby hole and dash for install?Any information on the matter would be appretiated. The was also a mention about adoor chime something another on Crutchfield.com. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old January 9th, 2008, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2008 CHEVY EXPRESS STEREO INSTALL

If anyone has the factory CD players and would like to sell also let me know.
Old January 11th, 2008, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

this forum is dead. lol
Old January 15th, 2008, 5:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Yes this forum is pretty much dead... but what do you expect from a tradesman's vehicle and not really an enthusiast's vehicle. Anyway back to your question. I have replaced my '07 OEM radio with a JVC one. I did a direct replacement (double-din to double-din). Here is my instruction for removing the radio from an '07 (I don't think it is much different from your '08). You need to remove 2 screws under the driver steering panel, 2 screws from under the passenger side panel and two from the center cubby hole (this might be different on your since my '07 cubby hole is a long and shallow one). Start prying out the entire panel. That's it. As far as using aftermarket one, GM recommends an adapter (METRA) in order to retain all the dings and chimes. Regarding single-din kit, I might have seen a few for sale on Ebay. Good luck.