Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2008 express 3500 passenger headliner question

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2024 | 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 express 3500 passenger headliner question

Hello I have a 2008 express 3500 15 passenger extended van. The drivers side of the front headliner has sagged down and falls below the door seal looking a bit ugly. I just bought this van and I was going around and repairing some of the issues I’ve found so I tucked the liner back up and it dropped back down. It’s not the fabric on the liner it is the hard backing itself that seems to have softened and doesn’t hold its shape anymore. I’m having trouble finding a replacement due to it appears only 08-09 fits but I was wondering if anyone knew if a newer year would work. The 22 at my work looks about the same but has a microphone in it so I was thinking it might fit but not be a specific direct replacement. Maybe there are some cosmetic differences. It seems the roof airbag might be sagging and pushing the liner down which I’ll have to address also but I’m pretty sure the headliner is deformed and isn’t going to hold its shape after I address the airbag. So my question is will a newer front headliner fit an 08, or will a non rear A/C front headliner fit and just cut out a hole for the rear A/C controller?
Old August 7th, 2024 | 10:54 AM
CF Monarch

Welcome from Florida. Where I live There are companies that come to you and replace headliners. Not sure what you have but if it is like in a car, they can take care of you. You can also get a piece of thin plywood or Masonite and cut it out from the pattern of the old one and put it in yourself.