Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2008 van wont start no gauges help!

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2015, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the dealer called today. my van is ready the link up problem was on there end. the abs computer was bad. and everything is working now. cost was $594.00 total. so a bad EBCM abs brake computer can cause a lot of troubles. it all started with the abs brake light coming on 4 years a go. the brakes did not change so I did not get the abs light checked. everything was fine for 4 years. and then one day the gauges started jumping up and down. and lights in the dash flashing bells going off. the door locks would try to lock when they were already locked. and then the gauges would go to zero. and the cruise would stop also the a/c compressor would stop to. finally it quit all together. it would not spin the motor to fire up no crank no start. if I would have had that abs light checked it would have saved me a lot of trouble. thanks for the replys.
Originally Posted by jpattt24
the dealer called again today and said the new EBCM abs computer was installed and everything works properly. except the scanner will still not communicate with the ECM ? they are still checking it out. will post back.