Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2011 express van rear tail lamp socket

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2019, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 express van rear tail lamp socket

No left rear turn signal. replaced the bulb and still doesn't work. I have been told to replace the rear socket and would if I could only find one that fits. Does anyone know what the OE part number is, or a universal socket that actually fits in the lamp assembly? I would prefer it have the pigtails so I can just do it quickly as possible.
Thanks for your help.

2011 express van 1500
4.3v6
base model
Old February 17th, 2019, 12:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I assume you have ruled out the fuses, under the drivers seat. There is one for left and one for right. Also, it could be a bad ground in the socket or corrosion on the pins..... Have you used a test light to check continuity at the socket?

Failing all that, sure replace the socket. It just seems odd for a 8 year old van.
Old February 17th, 2019, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure it's the socket. it looks like one of the contacts is missing from one side of it on the inside of the socket. The problem is getting the correct socket to put in. The one's that I looked at don't fit in the lamp assembly, nor do they come with the 2 wire harness to connect to it. doesn't look difficult,just can't find the right parts
Old February 17th, 2019, 6:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The bulb can fit 180 degrees out of position. Try turning it around.