Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2014/15 Chevrolet 2500 Express RKE Location

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2015, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014/15 Chevrolet 2500 Express RKE Location

Hey, was just wonderin if anyone out there knows the location of the Remote Keyless Entry module is located on newer 2500 vans. I believe it is under dash just not sure where. Pics would be great, thanks.
Old October 10th, 2015, 1:25 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's under the top plate of the dash. The large, full width plastic piece that runs into the windshield. You need to remove the dash bezel and the A pillar trim to take it out.

The RKE module is mounted behind and above the gauges, you can't miss it with the top of the dash removed. I do have pics, but I don't think they give the perspective you want. Are you adding it or changing it?

If you are adding it, you may have a problem. GM may not let the dealership turn it on software wise. But then again, you may get lucky. It's only 3 wires if I remember correctly.
Old October 10th, 2015, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

I plan on adding it to 15 express that has power locks but no remote. I have a few dealers around so hopefully one will...
Old October 13th, 2015, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2008 express van with power windows. would it be possible to ad the remote door locks to my vehicle ?
Old October 13th, 2015, 9:19 PM
CF Pro Member

It should be possible. I have to check the schematics, but it's just three wires if I remember correctly. Positive, negative and one control wire. Your biggest worry should be GM. I installed the compass module, I used actual factory wiring and I wired it exactly as the factory does. The dealership tried twice for me. GM would not give them the software code to enable it. So it's up to you, just know the risk you are taking. You might do the work, yet not be able to use it. The BCM needs to know it's there and for that, you need GM.
Old October 13th, 2015, 10:00 PM
CF Pro Member

It is three wires. Very easy to wire, yet if I was you, I would go through the trouble of wiring it exactly as the factory. I have GM wire here if you want to buy some, the correct size and colors. It was expensive to buy, so selling any at a cost helps me.
Old December 30th, 2015, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

I went to Best Buy and had the Viper remote installed. Got a great deal and the install fee was FREE... due to deal with Viper remote company sale! Total cost was under $250
Old December 31st, 2015, 11:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree. Or just get an aftermarket alarm and have that connected to the power door locks. By far the easiest way to tackle this issue and you get security as well.