Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2016 Express Ugly Trailer Wiring

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2021, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb 2016 Express Ugly Trailer Wiring

I just acquired a 2016 Express without the factory tow package and it has a good hitch on it, but the 4 pin wiring for lights leaves a lot of room for improvement. I would like to end up with a dual socket with both 7 and 4 pin sockets like Hopkins makes:

I did get a chance to get a look behind the rear panel on the passenger side and there is a green wire that is running from that side and out to the plug outside the vehicle that is separate from the other three wires. Anyway, I would like to replace all of that with something nicer. I am not sure that I could ever get to the dual socket plug I referenced above without the factory tow package. It just looks better to me than a cable dangling down. Here are some pics of what I have now:

Anyone have any suggestions on whether it would be possible to do what I am thinking of or just update to something newer? Thanks in advance!

Steve H.