Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

ambient air sensor

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2021, 3:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ambient air sensor

i have an 08 chevy express cargo.im looking for the factory location for the ambient air sensor.i know there was a thread about this already,however there is some conflicting info.if you have this sensor can you please attach a picture.it seems that the factory could have changed local from year to year
Old September 5th, 2021, 1:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

In front of the rad, just like your diagram shows. That's typically where it is on most vehicles. The placement doesn't have to be exact. They're horribly inaccurate anyway.

Old September 10th, 2021, 9:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

RockAuto will have photos of the part. I think the part # is embossed into the part so that you confirm that you found it. The system is pretty neat, all of the brains are in the mirror so it is completely stand-alone in many vehicles.
Old September 11th, 2021, 8:22 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by SteveROntario
RockAuto will have photos of the part. I think the part # is embossed into the part so that you confirm that you found it. The system is pretty neat, all of the brains are in the mirror so it is completely stand-alone in many vehicles.
some vans didnt have it in the mirror,in my case i have a cargo van with no rear windows so mirror is useless.some people have the compass and air temp info in their instrument panel dic....this is why i am looking for as much info as possible.sensor location seems to be in several spots depending on what trucks came with what.........i have a mirror but again not sure which route i should go....so far i havent had to reprogram truck for the different features i added. 08 express cargo base model is my van
Old September 12th, 2021, 12:35 PM
CF Active Member

Default number 5(clip)

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
In front of the rad, just like your diagram shows. That's typically where it is on most vehicles. The placement doesn't have to be exact. They're horribly inaccurate anyway.

do you know what they list number 5 as?part number?clip that holds the sensor to the bracket
Old September 12th, 2021, 2:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

It does not have a part number. It is part of the headlight wiring harness assembly. I would just get one from the junkyard.
https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c.../23104263.html