Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Another Front Bumper Thread

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2020, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Front Bumper Thread

Good morning All,
Forgive me for rambling (bored on stay at home list). And forgive the quality, back drop & frozen morning dew/dirt in my pics. Also needed the sheet otherwise with the black grill the bumper doesn't show up.
Bought van March of '17 last of '16's on lot. Living in South Dakota, land of deer, cow's & fat zombies around every turn (pheasants too dumbest bird in America). And over the years I've hit them all. I wanted extra Insurance.
Steel was out of the question, I had learned about Aluminess (a fine bumper). Called them with questions a couple of times. Never found any others, now it seams every one makes them. I all ready had experience with Truck Defender bumpers (on simi) so I went that route. Here's my bumper description. Truck Defender foreman model. You can get it Raw, polished, or powder coated.
My extras included light tabs (some unused), extra cross bars & a receiver. Pulse I had them stamp my van's vin# in the top of the bumper (''3/8 dies no one's ever noticed unless I pointed out) right below the grill bowtie. The receiver is separate from the bumper (''1/2 & ''1/4 steel) mounted to the frame. Bumper is ''1/4 & ''3/8, some of it is double thickness and plenty of gussets. Bumper weighs 185lb (less receiver).
It took about a month from order to install, I drove to there shop & watched them install it (285 miles one way) and at the moment of install it had 1205 miles on it. 31000 now.
If your looking for true function (not just show off stile, you can't beat a Truck Defender. No offence meant to any other fine bumper makers out there.
We Fear no deer, cow, fat zombie or dumb bird

Receiver with 30yo home made recovery hook
Old May 11th, 2020, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I love it! I looked on their website and didn't see an offering for the Express vans. Was this a custom order? Or is it listed under "emergency vehicles"? Looks great!!
Old May 22nd, 2020, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought mine through Dakota Hills Bumper in Jamestown N.D. (they build them just outside of Sturges S.D.) , If your serious and willing to spend more than the price of a Aluminess give them a call