Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Assistance in Mountng CB in '15 Express 3500

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2019, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Assistance in Mountng CB in '15 Express 3500

I would like to install a Cobra CB in this Roadtrek Camper Van, but space is a premium; I have seen them on other vans where they are mounted on the Dash, I really don't want to do that, I see that as a potential danger in an accident. I mounted one in an '05 Express years back, using the Long Leg Mount Beside the seat, but there is a big difference in the space in that '05 and this '15. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old July 20th, 2019, 12:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

There shouldn't be much "danger" in mounting it on the dash, if you're talking about on the top. It shouldn't block the airbags, and in an accident, the airbags will keep you from hitting it. There is, however a theft issue. And a vision issue. As a person who has installed CBs, Ham radio, and commercial Two-way, there's not many options in today's vans. Your best bet is to mount it on the side of the passenger seat, to make it easier to see, or build a console that sits between the seats.
Old July 20th, 2019, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks StanVan. I am going to mount it like you mentioned; my old one was along the drivers seat, but was a pain to view at a quick glance. I put the one in my ‘05 after traveling down South...huge storm, couldn’t see an inch, major road, and ravines on both sides. When we finally rolled into TX, we found we had been in and around tornadoes. As Murphy would have it, the rest of the trip all we heard was Spanish! I like the NOAA - maybe I can get off the road if the situation warrants. Thanks, Ron