Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Audio Question

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2013, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Question

I just installed a Kenwood DVD touchscreen head unit in my 2011 FS van (470 something model #). I did my research ahead of time, and picked up the correct antenna adapter, dash kit, and integration adapter to get around the GM data buss issue. I got the one recommended by Crutchfield (although not FROM Crutchfield) the Axxess LAN 012. It is supposed to retain chimes, steering wheel controls, OnStar, etc. My van doesn't have onstar, steering wheel controls, XM, or factory amplifiers, but this model was supposed to work with or without these options. I figured I'd get the one that did everything in case I want to use it in a different vehicle someday. Anyways, the Integration adapter lights up, but I lost my chimes, didn't get a switched ACC, and lost the retained ACC power. Can someone who has gone through the process give me any ideas other than the AXXESS adapter being bad?
Old August 30th, 2013, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone put an aftermarket radio in their van?