Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

AWD Suspension/Driveline

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2007, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD Suspension/Driveline

I have been looking at getting one of the G1500/2500 AWD vans. I was wondering if any one knows if the suspension, driveline, and brakecomponents are common with the 1500/2500 pickups? I am considering a suspension lift and it would be much easier if the suspension were common with one ofthe pickups for which many lift kits are available.

Also, does anyone know what transfer casewent into what year van. I believe some are New Venture and some are Borg Warner. I would prefer to stay away from the New Venture active units as they are prone to shudder.

Thanks for any info.
Old December 10th, 2007, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AWD Suspension/Driveline

I am almost positive, the AWD powertrain is the Astro van AWD. The brakes are from the pickups. I am pleased with my passenger van, after replacing the OEM 'rim protectors' with Goodyear Silent Armor "P" tires. Any M/T tires should work well! I use mine to carry a snowmobile (inside) in deep snow (on an unplowed road). Super vehicle (for my needs), better than a p/u or Avalanche.