Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Chevy express cargo factory window install - help

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2021, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy express cargo factory window install - help

Hi-
I have a 2014 express van that currently has no windows. I ordered the parts and windows to install the rear door vent windows. Unfortunately I realized that my van doors have a large gap between the two sheet metal pieces where the window would normally go. After doing some digging I see that from factory they bond these two pieces and close that gap. This makes that window well deeper. Has anyone cut the metal panels and successfully installed factory windows? I’m now questioning if this is even possible?
thanks,
matt
Old April 20th, 2021, 4:06 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Given the interchange on doors if you have a you pull yard handy it may be easier to just swap in a set with windows. My yard a door is $50-ish.
Old July 18th, 2023, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Neumann
Hi-
I have a 2014 express van that currently has no windows. I ordered the parts and windows to install the rear door vent windows. Unfortunately I realized that my van doors have a large gap between the two sheet metal pieces where the window would normally go. After doing some digging I see that from factory they bond these two pieces and close that gap. This makes that window well deeper. Has anyone cut the metal panels and successfully installed factory windows? I’m now questioning if this is even possible?
thanks,
matt
Hi Matt, i am about to also install a rear glass wi dow onto my chevy cargo express van and stumbled upon your comment. Did you end up installing yours? I'd be curious to know how it went, any obstacles you cames across, tips or even to know if the wi dow is sticking out much pastthe metal on the outside due to the window well being shallower. Thanks in advance! You can answer me privately at <removed> if you prefer.

<Do not post email addresses. Use the private message system. -moderator>

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; July 18th, 2023 at 3:22 PM.