Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

chevy g20 help

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2011, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy chevy g20 help

I have got a chevy g20 5.7 v8 VanduraThe van will not start,There is a spark but no fuel.Fuses are fine relay seams to be ok,The van has got a fuel module and relay,ecm.There is not power getting to the pump,I have put direct power to the pump but still nothing.Hope someone can help,My head is battered i wish i still had my pontiac lemans
Old April 18th, 2011, 8:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know what you are doing, but lets start from the top. With the key in crank you have spark but no fuel. DO you get fuel pressure at the Schrader valve? No? When you turn the key to run do you hear the fuel pump whir or the relay close?
Old April 19th, 2011, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
I dont know what you are doing, but lets start from the top. With the key in crank you have spark but no fuel. DO you get fuel pressure at the Schrader valve? No? When you turn the key to run do you hear the fuel pump whir or the relay close?

Thankyou for your reply.
I do get spark but no fuel
Relay is working
I have checked the connector near the gearbox and the one near the fuel tank and there is no power.
Fuses are all ok too

Hope you can help
andy
Old April 20th, 2011, 7:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

first look, PCM. But wait...let me restart this machine and tell you what to do...

you turn the key to run the PCM which closes the fuel pump relay which closes the fuel circuit and energizes the fuel pump. If the relay is closing then the PCM works. But the system only stays on for 3 seconds if the car isnt running so this may be why you dont get any power when you test under the car. I dont know of any connector near the gearbox. It is best to check it at the pump connection outside the fuel tank. Disconnect it and connect a test light then turn the key to run again. If the light comes on you ARE getting power to the pump, and it is the pump that doesnt work(most likely problem). But be quick because it the fuel pump relay is only closed for 3 seconds if the car isnt running. If it doesnt come on, switch the relay with another and try again.

There is no fuel module for this car. The fuel module is the pump assembly(including fuel level sending unit).

Last edited by RacerX; April 20th, 2011 at 9:48 PM.