Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

control module - gm (19368155) PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2021, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default control module - gm (19368155) PROBLEM

Hi guys i have a 2005 express 3500 passenger van and the lights for the stabilitrac and the abs are coming up so after checking i come to the conclusion it is the abs control module and no body seem to have it i check all mayor retailers and some online and in some websites is listed as discontinued i find the one whit no JL4 (control active brake ) every where so my question is can i use one of those and live whit out the dran stabilitrac or it have to be the module that have that and if so why is discontinued and where can i found one?
Old November 22nd, 2021, 2:45 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 97 Likes on 86 Posts

You might need to send/take it to someone who can rebuild it.
https://www.cardone.com/randr
Old November 22nd, 2021, 3:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 670 Likes on 608 Posts

how do you know it's the module itself that failed?

Did you use a diagnostic scanner to read out the fault codes?
Old November 22nd, 2021, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip i going to contact Cardone hope they can fix it , i take the truck to a mechanic when the lights starting to come up intermittent and he tell us it was the abs module but i did not ask him what codes he got this was over four months ago at the time i was not driving much the van but is time to get it fix it also started to have more issues besides the abs , stabilitrac and brake light on now also the pedal feel sponge some times and also started to drain the battery at night i finally went to the dealer to see about getting a new abs module and they confirm they discontinued the module so only option is repair or get one from a junk yard , if somebody knows more places to get it repair or someone selling that module i appreciated the help i already call local yunk yards whit no luck.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 11:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 97 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevyawka
Thanks for the tip i going to contact Cardone hope they can fix it , i take the truck to a mechanic when the lights starting to come up intermittent and he tell us it was the abs module but i did not ask him what codes he got this was over four months ago at the time i was not driving much the van but is time to get it fix it also started to have more issues besides the abs , stabilitrac and brake light on now also the pedal feel sponge some times and also started to drain the battery at night i finally went to the dealer to see about getting a new abs module and they confirm they discontinued the module so only option is repair or get one from a junk yard , if somebody knows more places to get it repair or someone selling that module i appreciated the help i already call local yunk yards whit no luck.
If you want to try other junkyards try car-part.com. It's basically an inventory system for many junkyards in the US. LKQ is a big corporate junkyard with lots of facilities that might be able to help too but often more money comes with the better service.