Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Doghouse heat and noise insulation

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2019, 12:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doghouse heat and noise insulation

I have installed two boxes of Noico noise reduction matting throughout the van, the floor is covered in rubber matting covered 3/4" plywood with another layer of matting. For the most part, the rattles, bangs, and squeeks are gone but, the noise from the Duramax is still quite a bit more than I would like. Has anyone installed any noise reduction material inside the doghouse? My worry is the heat generated and potential fire risk. Thanks.
Old February 1st, 2019, 3:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago i bought a rool of insultion made to replace the insultion under hoods . I can't remember for sure from were i got it but i think it was j c wittney. Also you could try out fits that sell after market race car parts like summit racing. I replaced my dog house insulation as well as the box that held my onan generator in the back of my bucket van. One side looks just like the stuff under a cars hood and the other side was shiny heat reflecting materal. Good luck but i am sure someone still sell it and it was inexspensive.