Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Door Alarm on 2018 Express Van

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2019, 6:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Door Alarm on 2018 Express Van

On my old 2001 Express van which I had converted to a van camper, I was able to locate the module with the door alarm (with key on) under the dash so that I could tap into the wire and add a switch to shut it off manually. I was able to find it as I had purchased the 3 volume service manual for the 2001. I wanted the capability to shut it off because often on vacations I would pull off to the side of the road and leave the van running to maintain AC or heater functions for my wife while I hopped out of the van with my camera to take pictures of scenery or wildlife. I do not have the service manual for my newer 2018 Express van but would like to do the same thing to this van. If anyone can send me diagrams or a description of how to do this on the newer van, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 659 Likes on 598 Posts

https://www.gmupfitter.com/pages/body-builder-manuals
The following users liked this post:
Black'95 (October 26th, 2019)
Old October 28th, 2019, 10:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It may be easier to switch the drivers door speaker.
Old October 29th, 2019, 4:42 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
It may be easier to switch the drivers door speaker.

No, it is a piece of cake. You can install a switch in the sensor wire to break the signal and Bob's your uncle. I am driving around with no power locks and no door sensors right now. The truck has been that way for two months. I was all gung ho, then everything froze to see the insurance adjuster, and I never picked up where I left off. It would take me two minutes to hook the door sensors and door-locks back up, but.. it's not worth the mental headspace to do temporarily. I still have not even fixed the window. I actually decided the other week, enough was enough, I will just change out the glass myself and waste $200+ plus in the process. Then my card was declined. Someone else snuck in and charged for services I wasn't expecting. It's funny being broke, especially when you don't care.