Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Door Lock Module Location Chev Express

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2011, 8:35 AM
pax
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Module Location Chev Express

Hello , does anyone know where the unlock module is located?. I just got a new to me company van without locks. I purchased a door lock kit to install. However I want to use the existing wiring to the actuators. I have scanned the net and here and had no luck locating a diagram where I can install my control.

Any help would be appreciated , Pax
Old August 13th, 2011, 9:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

on power lock equipped vans the locks are actuated through 2 relays controlled directly by the bcm. Unlike the trucks which have separate door modules.

I'd be interested in knowing if the power lock wiring harness is present on a manual lock van? what year is the van?
Old August 13th, 2011, 2:25 PM
pax
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
on power lock equipped vans the locks are actuated through 2 relays controlled directly by the bcm. Unlike the trucks which have separate door modules.

I'd be interested in knowing if the power lock wiring harness is present on a manual lock van? what year is the van?
Hi , yes the wiring is there and usually is in many vehicles.I wanted to know the location as I thought I could install the wireless module so i could use the existing wiring and not need to run new wire as the van is already wired. The van is a 2010 Express with DIC , thanks , Pax