Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

ECMB Fuse Blowing

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2007, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECMB Fuse Blowing

My sons 1990G20 van is not getting fuel at the TB. The fuel pump runs for about 10 seconds after the key is turned. Too long right? I thought the pump was not supplying enough pressure. So I changed the pump and filter.Same problem. I then took a look at the fuses. Both 10 amp fuses ECM1 and ECMB were blown. The ECMB fuse blows immediately when replaced. I replaced the fuel pump relay. Same problem. I looked at all the wires for shorts. One wire leading to one of the injectors was flattened a bit by the adopter ring(or spacer) resting on top of it. Insulation was not pierced though.The van has an alarm system that doesn't work anymore. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 30th, 2007, 3:34 PM
Professional Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ECMB Fuse Blowing

Look for corroded wiring harnesses within the fuel system. Also check the wires from the fuel system going to the computer... I have had some wires get pinched at the black computer box. I have had liquid (from where?) drop onto the wires going into the computer and aid in corrosion as well.