Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Engine swap in my 06 express

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2013, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap in my 06 express

I have a shot out LQ4 and it's fairly rare to get used. Im on a very limited budget and I'm looking to buy a used one from a motor broker online which seems to be one of the most crooked industries in the country OR put and older 350 in its place if for no other reason than they're so universal and it will be newly rebuilt. I am smog exempt in mendicino county in california and Im wondering about crossover compatibility, if a carbed 350 c.i bolts up to my 4l80e and what to do about the usage (or non-usage) of the ECM- also if it's stock with "drive-by-wire" can I adapt a cable or solid carb linkage and things like if I can use after-market CA approved cats etc. In other words- H E L P!!!
Old August 11th, 2013, 4:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the carbed 350 swap out of your head, that's crazy, it would end up costing more than even a new 6.0L long block from GM. Have you tried local junk yards? Craigs list?
There are tons of 6.0 trucks and van out there, and some are 10-11 years old, keep looking.