Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Engine swapping blues

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2020, 11:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Engine swapping blues

First off. I'm real lazy . Secondly,I've been around the van a couple laps. Swapped out and rewired the 4l60 with only minor mental anguish and changed oil pump using a bottle jack in 8 very long hrs.
Looking around the web it seems like everyone peels the van back to the windshield. That's slot of crap to get straight later.
Here's the lazy way I'm gonna do it and anyone know any good tricks lemme know. The catch is I want to pull out the running tbi engine whole to sell and help with my van habbit
Front tires go up on some old steel 7 in wheels. Jacking up front is kinda necessary.
Still needed more. Unless you happen to have a short engine picker.
Sooooo, I turned the top beam around. That lowered rear pivot 3 inches.. only have 12 inches between manifold and firewall. I probably will have to sit engine on crossmember to reposition,but looks like I'm gonna get by with just pulling off top radiator brace 😁
May take a week to get it,headers and new exhaust in good. Will let all know if I'm successful