Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Fuel gauge and battery gauge not working

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel gauge and battery gauge not working

1992 G30, changed the fuel tank and fuel pump as a new assembly, i lost my fuel gauge after a couple fill ups. Was working just started creeping to empty after 4 fills, now on empty, when i disconnect pump fro harness the gage goes to full, so I believe gauge is good. Where is the ground wire connected from the harness? Battery gage is not working all of a sudden also. Any ideas
Old October 27th, 2017, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge instrument cluster fix

I read up on the gauge problem with alot of Chevy Express and GMC Savana vans. Mine is a 2002 and the fuel, speedo, alternator and mileage were out. There are run on a small analog motor and needed to be replaced. I sent mine to a shop in NJ, cost me $75 plus shipping to get the whole instrument cluster rebuilt. Found the guy on ebay, wasn't sure about using him at first but looked up his business and has been around awhile. You can buy a rebuilt cluster on eBay but the mileage will be from the vehicle it came off of, when you get yours rebuild the milage will match your vehicle. I asked why they couldn't just match my mileage and he explained that it's a federal crime to change any mileage. Hope this helps