Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Full Line-X paint job on 4X4 Lifted Van.

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2015, 11:46 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Full Line-X paint job on 4X4 Lifted Van.

Interesting idea. My van looks too good all cleaned up to do this to, but this is definitely and interesting idea for a work van. I like it. Has anyone here sprayed the inside of their van's with this product? I was told where and how I can get the entire interior done for $300. I was suppose to look into that today.
Old August 11th, 2015, 4:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The flat black is really for old roadsters and classic cars. Not for anything modern in my opinion.
Old August 11th, 2015, 5:44 PM
CF Pro Member

I just returned from getting a quote. Someone is BS-ing me, either the guy that gave me the lead, or the guy that runs the spray shop.

The spray shop wanted $1500 to do the van interior. For the fun of it, they want 3500 for the exterior. Doesn't have to be flat black. They clearcoat and give it a long lasting high gloss.

I left there thinking if I had money to burn, it would be great to completely strip the van, spray the body in and out, and put everything back together. It would surely slow rust right down, save the body from dents and scratches, reduce sound transmission, and it would actually be easier to clean. Just pressure wash, occasionally use a brush, that's it.

I don't have 5000 to waste though now though, perhaps if I planned better I'd have considered it. The factory should be doing this to our interiors.

I don't think the van above looks bad. It's suits it for what he uses it for. It makes a statement.

Last edited by dberladyn; August 11th, 2015 at 5:50 PM.
Old August 11th, 2015, 6:17 PM
CF Pro Member

I just got another price from a more willing "installer". He'll charge me what actually comes off the gun. This will be roughly $800-1200, he's not sure as this is not typical practice. Drop it off Thursday, get it back Friday. I need to think about this. I am tempted for many reasons.

Do any of you hose out your interiors? I've been doing it in the intense heat because I know the water won't be an issue. But for the other 10 to 11 months of the year...

Last edited by dberladyn; August 12th, 2015 at 3:00 AM.
Old August 12th, 2015, 6:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be carefull hosing out interior... there is a computer under the driver seat.(ask me how I know) Unless your van interior will be prone to rust, I don't see any benefit.
Old August 12th, 2015, 9:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spray it yourself. not that hard to do. I have sprayed 20+ gallons of herculiner over the years, and quite a few gallons of monstaliner. Do a search for monstaliner and look at some pics. Many colors available.

check out this thread for another van completely sprayed,

http://sportsmobileforum.com/viewtop...10715&start=15
Old August 13th, 2015, 12:57 AM
CF Pro Member

Well, the Thursday appointment fell through until Monday the earliest. I'm off work and doing this is preventing me from going back to work. I emailed another "distributor", he wants $3500. hehe... uh... no. Even $800 seems too high. I think I will do the van floor regardless, but I am starting to think, there must be some HIGH HEAT rubber paint I can apply with a brush/roller to the higher parts. There has to be something cheaper.

All of the interior is out except for the floor matt and drivers door panels. I am driving around with no headliner or dash. Feels strange. This is the best way to add the few factory options I didn't get. Parts are on the way, I just need to locate the cheapest source of colored/striped vehicle wire. I have to make it all factory for factory options. I'd be best to call up a wrecker and go that route, cheaper I bet. Do they still let people walk the yards?

Under the Drivers seat there is the Fuse Box, between the two seats there is an Accelerometer and a Crash Sensor I believe. From what I know you have to be careful around these. If you have the headliner airbags (thankfully I don't) there is an airbag computer behind the drivers seat on the floor.

So if you've read this far... please suggest some RUBBER PAINT in a reply. The idea is to prevent any moisture from condensing or pooling on the interior van body where it will do nothing but rust. As for being prone to rust, well, I am a Drywaller so.. from what I have seen the lime and other materials tend to accelerate corrosion. And the factory paint... it's thin in hidden areas, noticed that today.

EDIT
Instead of sidetracking this thread, I've seperated the water proofing here:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...82/#post306763

Last edited by dberladyn; August 13th, 2015 at 9:48 PM.