Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

g series mirror options?

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2019 | 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default g series mirror options?

i have a 93 g10, and the mirrors are driving me crazy, they passenger side moves every time we close the door, and i would love a larger option. anyone have any suggestions?
Old January 7th, 2019 | 11:47 PM
CF Veteran

Can you not tighten the nut inside? I am not sure about a larger option....
Old January 9th, 2019 | 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by canucklehead
Can you not tighten the nut inside? I am not sure about a larger option....
i did manage to tighten it down. so that fixes one problem. but would still like a larger option.
Old January 11th, 2019 | 2:29 AM
CF Pro Member

I found those mirrors to be large enough when driving mine. Interestingly, the mirrors on the stainless shaft are not only the same on vans and squarebodies, but when I got my first Suburban I ended up swapping on the ones that had been on the Dodge Ramcharger I had before that, fit no problem.

There does exist power mirrors for these vans, I found a set once in a Carolinas you-pick and flipped them on eBay for decent money.

You could look at cutaway vans for larger mirrors but I think the next step up is like a West Coast mirror that has a big bracket that bolts to the top door frame and down on the side. Not a huge deal to install but will leave you with a wierd looking spot where the old ones were mounted and three holes to fill.