Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

G series van accessories (1980's to 1996)???

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2022, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G series van accessories (1980's to 1996)???

Hey all! I'm new to the Van forums, as in the next month I will be buying a G-series van. Currently looking at 80's to 96 G20 or G30 models. However, I'm starting to look into the aftermarket parts & accessories and am not finding much, apart from ebay and some low-key websites.
What I'm looking for is things like brush guards, bumpers, running boards, wings, hoods and other body mods.

Are there any go-to websites for G-series vans? Do chevy G-series share body part fitment with their truck counterparts that I should be aware of (brush guards & bumpers, etc)? Or is there really just a small aftermarket for them? (I know they're out of production, so what's left is literally what's left out there).

Thanks in advance!
Old February 22nd, 2022, 7:24 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

There are two sites who offer some custom accessories for the G-vans.

Csutomvan.com is on the east coast, and
well, the west coast guys Van Accessories Direct seems to no longer have a website.

Most of the parts seem to be made to order - wheel flares, spoiler, the A-team style wing, visor, wiper cover, one piece rear door, fiberglass side door etc. I think one has a hood with a molded in scoop too. I just put some $10 eBay ABS scoops on my hood. Stick on, at that.

Brush guards you may be looking at used only.

Outside of that you can use a lot of the same pieces from RV and campers, or pirate conversions for what you want. I found a wide wing on eBay meant for pickups that was a lot cheaper than the Cal Custom style wing and would be an easy install.

Inside, you can make interior panels pretty easy, a big can of industrial rubber cement, some thin plywood (1/4 or 1/8) and regular headliner material does the job. Mine has a Home Depot carpet remnant inside on the floor and the bed riser, that outdoor type smooth carpet, cuts easy and I ran it about a foot up the side panels too.
Old February 22nd, 2022, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
There are two sites who offer some custom accessories for the G-vans.

Csutomvan.com is on the east coast, and
well, the west coast guys Van Accessories Direct seems to no longer have a website.

Most of the parts seem to be made to order - wheel flares, spoiler, the A-team style wing, visor, wiper cover, one piece rear door, fiberglass side door etc. I think one has a hood with a molded in scoop too. I just put some $10 eBay ABS scoops on my hood. Stick on, at that.

Brush guards you may be looking at used only.

Outside of that you can use a lot of the same pieces from RV and campers, or pirate conversions for what you want. I found a wide wing on eBay meant for pickups that was a lot cheaper than the Cal Custom style wing and would be an easy install.

Inside, you can make interior panels pretty easy, a big can of industrial rubber cement, some thin plywood (1/4 or 1/8) and regular headliner material does the job. Mine has a Home Depot carpet remnant inside on the floor and the bed riser, that outdoor type smooth carpet, cuts easy and I ran it about a foot up the side panels too.
Awesome. Thank you for the info!