Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

headlight programming

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2019, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight programming

Hello , does anyone know of a way to programme the headlights on the 2019 Express 2500 Van , so they come on , only when you turn the headlight switch on , and only go off , when you turn the headlight switch off , switch on , switch off , and NOT flash when you unlock the doors with the remote when it's dark outside ? . I find the Owners Manual very cryptic and confusing . Thanks .

Last edited by Herg Hergenrader; December 20th, 2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old December 20th, 2019, 3:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 670 Likes on 608 Posts

Headlights are automatic and you can't change it (at least here in Canada). The remote lock thing can be changed in your DIC.
Old December 20th, 2019, 7:45 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You have to go to the Dealership for that. Best to provide them with an American VIN. The American Models allow the Headlamps to be switched off. This however will still not give you your desired effect. For what you want, you really need to re-wire the switch assembly and the circuit that triggers the Headlamp Relay. It's entirely possible to do properly for probably $30.00 max, but the experience and know how will likely cost you tremendously. I could do it, but it is really not worth my time to sit here and type out. Look up the Schematics and figure it out.