Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Help installing D-rings in 97 G3500

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2019, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help installing D-rings in 97 G3500

Does anyone have experience adding some D-rings into the cargo area? I want to install 4 of the recessed ones into the floor to tie down my motorcycle when I transport it. Not sure what hardware to get or how to properly secure it without damaging anything.
Old June 11th, 2019, 11:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If setting up myself? Hmmm, check with local family bike repair shop for tips (this little book end triangle shaped thing that holds the front wheel in place?). Least thing these guys want to see is another uninformed life get hurt, or worse. Locate proper locations (frame connection? Don't know if safe.) for and measure then drill holes for fasteners from bottom of carriage. Ramp the heavier of my two into the back and test run like grams. Don't be afraid to make the bike suspension compress when securing. The d-ring base(flat section)/floor connecting may need reinforcing, proper fasteners. Maybe a steel plate under the body? Use 4 points to harness the bike. Make sure to take it slow. Don't forget to check the transport vehicle suspension situation, also.
Best of luck.

Last edited by Beau Oszman; June 11th, 2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old June 12th, 2019, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

Look into e-track. It's more versatile than D-rings. Lots of accessories available at a reasonable cost.

E-Track/O-Track & Accessories « Product Categories « Erickson Manufacturing Ltd.