Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

I've never had a vehicle with so many problems

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2018, 9:39 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I've never had a vehicle with so many problems

The drivers seat recline is broke. I suspect the cable.

The rear video camera I shorted by accident last year.

The MAF Sensor, at least we suspect it's the MAF sensor leading to poor warm starting and an engine light

​The HVAC fan has quit working. I'm suspecting the resistor.

​​​​​Now my brakes. The pedal was getting soft or so I thought, this morning the pedal travelled all the way to the floor and the lights were on.

I'm just gonna torch it. (Just kidding)
Old October 29th, 2018, 11:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That last one is deeply concerning. A leak should be easy to spot.
Old October 29th, 2018, 12:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and once you fix one problem....5 more problems arise!
Old October 29th, 2018, 8:14 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

lol

I wish I could get to the first problem before a new one pops up. $200 later, turns out it was the fuel filler line rubbing against the brake line. I think I have a GM Factory Recall letter here about the issue. I was going through far too much at the time to deal with it. At 30,000 miles this problem came up early. It had a healthy squirt when the pedal was pressed. Needed two guys or some dry weather to find that leak. It's fixed. My 'new' truck doesn't feel so new anymore. It has four tiny dings, scratches throughout, then the dealership, I swear the kid that washed it when I bought rubbed all the dirt into the paint, filling the whole truck body with those micro scratches and when they tried waxing it, they screwed up the paint. I just... I was too busy to deal with it, but... they charged way too much for this truck.

I think it was $38,000CDN new. It's only worth $16,000 on a good day. So that is $22,000 too much. No one wanted this truck, it sat on the lot for a year. A fully loaded black one ton cargo van with left doors.