Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

An members here who own a 4x4 conversion van?

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2022, 11:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default An members here who own a 4x4 conversion van?

I'm considering a 4x4 conversion on my 2019 GMC 3500 6.0L extended passenger van and what to get some opinions from folks who have done it. I'm the original owner and it currently has 39K miles. I'm not looking for a lift, just the 4x4 conversion, maybe changing the rear end ratio at the same time. It's currently geared with a 3.42 rear end and G80 locker. Quigley is priced around $13K for the basic conversion on my 6.0L van. Would like some feedback on how the conversion would affect MPGs, especially in 2WD mode. I use the van as a tow vehicle for my 7600# travel trailer and I would be towing in 2WD mode most of the time. We're headed to Alaska this summer and tend to take long distant trips all over the US. Another added benefit would be a better daily commuter in Michigan snowy winters. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 8:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

my 07 3500 express was customized w the quigley 4x4 package . 4x4 was essential because we cant get out of our driveway here in the w pa. mountains. I have the quigley info as e files if you want to look them over. the guys at quigley are great; I called them once for some advice when I was stuck in a foot of snow and - 4 degrees in the mountains of Vermont. pm me and I'll send off the e-files.
Old February 25th, 2022, 9:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchM
my 07 3500 express was customized w the quigley 4x4 package . 4x4 was essential because we cant get out of our driveway here in the w pa. mountains. I have the quigley info as e files if you want to look them over. the guys at quigley are great; I called them once for some advice when I was stuck in a foot of snow and - 4 degrees in the mountains of Vermont. pm me and I'll send off the e-files.
Thanks. I just spoke with Quigley and the rep sent me the conversion info. Told me that they have immediate availability as van production has been at a stand still. No vans and plenty of drivetrain parts for the conversion. If I can get my schedule lined up next week, I may be dropping the van off on Monday at their shop in PA. The rep told me it's about a 4-6 week turn around.

Just curious, any issues with the front drivetrain since you've owned it? My only concern is the limited warranty of 12 months/12K miles as Quigley will only provide 50K mile warranties on new vans. Does the van drive significantly different after the conversion? Just going with the conversion, not a lift.