Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

New Radio ,, Need Speakers

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2019, 12:16 AM
DWB
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radio ,, Need Speakers

I got a DDX375BT Kenwood & backup cam installed and my door speakers suck. I would like to get and install new door speakers in my 2006 Savana 2500. Not sure what size they are? Does any one have any suggestions on good speaker they have installed? I was looking at these.
Amazon Amazon
Thanks,,,,,,
Old March 15th, 2019, 2:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by DWB
I got a DDX375BT Kenwood & backup cam installed and my door speakers suck. I would like to get and install new door speakers in my 2006 Savana 2500. Not sure what size they are? Does any one have any suggestions on good speaker they have installed? I was looking at these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
Thanks,,,,,,
I just did my stereo as well and it really does expose the crappy speakers. The door speakers really are garbage, but I am guessing you don't have a rear speaker pod because those speakers make the door speakers sound good LOL

I have not replaced my speakers just yet. Good luck and please let me know what you end up getting and how you like them.
Old March 16th, 2019, 1:08 PM
DWB
CF Junior Member

Man I'm still looking for speakers,, Crickets over here. Some how I'd think some one here would be pumping tunes out their van???
Old March 16th, 2019, 1:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put new speakers in my 2013. The front doors are 6.5 inch the rear doors are 5x7 and the sound bar at the back takes 4x6.
My 2002 had a spot on the door panel for a tweeter, so I used 6.5 components speakers. Sounded great. The lack of the tweeter spot on the newer vans is a huge screw up by gm. My van sounds dull and flat as the treble is bouncing off my leg.
The rear sound bar is ok, but you need to fade it up to get the highs up front and that annoys the rear passengers.

I would find a spot to cut and mount a tweeter up high on the door panel and use components. Then put whatever in the back, you wont hear it....lol. A boxed sub is a must as well.
I mounted a kenwood 5 channel amp under the passenger seat.

Speaker brand.....whatever you like. Get a good value one on sale.....
Old March 16th, 2019, 1:42 PM
DWB
CF Junior Member

Thanks canucklehead ,, I'm looking to get the cab of my work van sounding good. The back is behind a bulkhead and in not sure if putting a tweeter up high on the bulkhead is a good idea?? here's a pic.

Old March 16th, 2019, 10:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I said up on the door panel...by the power window switch for example. That is where the older factory location was...
Old March 18th, 2019, 11:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Closest to ear level is best. Even better if you can aim it at you. High frequencies are very directional. Low frequencies, like a sub, are not.
Old March 18th, 2019, 9:58 PM
DWB
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by StanVan
Closest to ear level is best. Even better if you can aim it at you. High frequencies are very directional. Low frequencies, like a sub, are not.
Thanks Stanvan man👍. I have been looking online and found some kits 🔊with the wire harness and brackets. My speakers are worse than bad,, they are blown💥 oh and Happy St. paddys 🍀day to all the MCs ☘️out there.