Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

OEM Head unit with blue tooth and steering wheel controls

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2021, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Head unit with blue tooth and steering wheel controls

Searched this forum for answers, but couldn't find this topic. Just purchased a 2010 passenger extended express LS. Trying to determine if I can add an OEM head unit from a later model. My research shows this option became available beginning in 2017, with the blue tooth, hands free phone, with display. Additionally can the steering wheel module that has the audio phone controls only be added to the existing steering wheel which already has the cruise module, or does it require a steering wheel with those controls built in? Hope this isn't too confusing a thread. Greatly appreciate all assistance.

Last edited by prt123; January 14th, 2021 at 10:42 AM. Reason: further detail
Old January 14th, 2021, 12:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by prt123
Searched this forum for answers, but couldn't find this topic. Just purchased a 2010 passenger extended express LS. Trying to determine if I can add an OEM head unit from a later model. My research shows this option became available beginning in 2017, with the blue tooth, hands free phone, with display. Additionally can the steering wheel module that has the audio phone controls only be added to the existing steering wheel which already has the cruise module, or does it require a steering wheel with those controls built in? Hope this isn't too confusing a thread. Greatly appreciate all assistance.
I'll be watching this thread, hopefully someone responds, As I just got the lowest tier model, I'd love to swap out the factory head unit for something better. Steering controls would be cool, but I just want to ensure the onstar integration with the speakers and wherever the mic is remains unchanged after I swap the head unit.

I've looked through some old threads, and if you don't go the steering wheel route, this unit looked promising:
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GP...avigation.html
Old January 19th, 2021, 3:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd be interested in learning about adding the advanced unit with steering controls if anyone responds. In the meantime, reading through the forums I have this unit saved in my favorites which looked interesting. https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GP...avigation.html
Old January 24th, 2021, 1:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the Eonon GA9480B. Perfect fit just no cd player if you need that.
Old October 4th, 2021, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberexpress
I installed the Eonon GA9480B. Perfect fit just no cd player if you need that.
This looks like a good system - any issues or regrets after a few months?