Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Possible Part Numbers for Velcro Retainer Clips ?

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2013, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Part Numbers for Velcro Retainer Clips ?

I have a 2009 Express with broken velcro clips that hold the interior right rear trim panel to the metal frame of the van.

I took some pics but cannot positively identify them for ordering replacements. As near as I can tell, they are GM part number 10280776.

It measures 20mm x 20mm x 10mm ( not counting the other half of the velcro part that is "bonded" to the van chassis )

Thanks in advance !
Attached Thumbnails Possible Part Numbers for Velcro Retainer Clips ?-velcro_clip_001.jpg   Possible Part Numbers for Velcro Retainer Clips ?-velcro_clip_002.jpg   Possible Part Numbers for Velcro Retainer Clips ?-velcro_clip_003.jpg  
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did you check with a gm dealer parts dept? They should be able find it.
Old February 14th, 2013, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally, I was told by the dealership that I would need to replace the entire interior panel ... about $300.

I told them that I'd already found the fasteners online for about $5 and would just go that way instead. They came back about 5 minutes later to tell me that Yes, they can order just the fasteners ... for about $10 each.

It worked out to be nearly the same as ordering online ... $4 each for the parts and 12-15 for shipping ... for a piece of velcro plastic ... 12-15 shipping ... yeesh !

Anyway, I got the parts today ... took a pic so at least somebody else doesn't have to guess.
Attached Thumbnails Possible Part Numbers for Velcro Retainer Clips ?-velcro_clip_005.jpg  
Old September 25th, 2021, 10:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 105 Likes on 92 Posts

Thank you for posting this. Does anyone have the part number for the other side that clips into the sheet metal?
Old December 1st, 2021, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also need to replace these on my 2016 Express 2500; both are missing. I am really trying to find the part number for the part that is in the metal column.
Old December 5th, 2021, 2:23 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

They used to use screws to hold things like that in place. For the cost to drill a few holes I probably would have done that, if the clip is on an interior metal area with no wires behind it.
Old December 5th, 2021, 10:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
They used to use screws to hold things like that in place. For the cost to drill a few holes I probably would have done that, if the clip is on an interior metal area with no wires behind it.
That will be the next thing I try. Even so I would need to find a piece of this specific Velcro to screw it down on either end leaving an open spot in the center for the trim side. I was thinking about trying glue first. I might also look into just doing away with the Velcro and using a thumb screw but not as clean looking.
Old December 5th, 2021, 2:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

have you tried searching the online GM part distributors ?

gmpartsdirect, gmpartsstore, gpartsgiant etc...

Or as was previously suggested, talking to the dealership
Old December 5th, 2021, 2:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
have you tried searching the online GM part distributors ?

gmpartsdirect, gmpartsstore, gpartsgiant etc...

Or as was previously suggested, talking to the dealership
I tried searching everywhere online. I don't really have the time or desire to stand in a parts department.
Old December 5th, 2021, 2:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Why stand there? Call or email.
If you search for the part number that was posted above, I bet it will lead you to it's matching part.

Quick Reply: Possible Part Numbers for Velcro Retainer Clips ?