Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

RANT: Over-priced Garbage

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2019, 12:30 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RANT: Over-priced Garbage

We live in such a throw-away society. The stores sell JUNK. Even the stuff I consider higher-end, it's just JUNK. There is so much waste. Nothing is meant to last. Nothing is meant to be repaired. It's all Flash and Dash for Cash. Shopping around for RCA cables. I am so stupid that twenty-five years ago got sucked into buying a set for $75. At least I remember that figure. Total Scam. Today, I just about popped on sales-geek. I told the guy, leave me alone, I don't like talking (and I don't want your bullsh!t). What does the idiot do? Keeps talking like a woman. This was a Car Audio Store (custom installs). I got pissed off and said maybe I'll just go and not buy nothing. Didn't even phase him. Just kept yapping like an idiot and couldn't even answer a simple question.

Annoyed as I hell after browsing there stock.. ok, how much is this ONE FOOT length RCA cable? Punches it in the computer. $30. @#$% you. Stupid @#$%. Just waste my time. Nope, I am out of here. Don't care about your $200 set either. What a waste of money. Oh, these are special. Ok, how much. Well that depends on how many you want. @#$% you. I just about hate sales people and their stupid bullsh!t. I want what is in my head, not yours buddy. Anyways, I could write much better about this, but it's all JUNK and they playing everyone for fools. Everywhere you go. I am just using RCA's for an example. Even the department were gouging on those items. I ended just picking up a few $6 sets till I figure out what I want to do.

I can buy wire that is ten time better than any of those fancy packages include with their flashy labels. It's the connector the end, all the ones I find are 2" long, time you couple everything together.. there is a 3" or 4" joint. Sometimes I do not have that much space and I am picky, I want it all to match, which is exactly where I go wrong. I spend so much time pissing around. I went through this about fifteen years ago with Home Theatre Electronics. I ended up buying a bunch of Nakarmichi ends because I liked the look and the design. I can just cut these with a hack saw, solder good wire to them, finish off the shielding with copper tape, shrink wrap and bob is your uncle. My own custom lengths without the sales BS and the fancy-dancy waste of packaging.

I almost "hate" this "marketed" world, it is so full of ****.