Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Readiness Monitor,Check Engine Light p06050

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2021, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Readiness Monitor,Check Engine Light p06050

Hello, I have a Chevy express 2500 2012 4.8 motor 70k low miles. Bought the vehicle from private party and need an emission test for my registration sticker. The truck runs smoothly no obvious issues. I tried twice with the same fail resulting. The 1st dmv guy said the van needs to be driven more to produce the “drive cycle”. Well after driving it and and putting the pedal down to on the freeway for about 40 miles, it failed the 2nd time. Also, when you turn the ignition key to on or a point where all your warning lights come on for a few seconds you should see your check engine light, mine does not light, all the others do. So I’m getting code p0650 malfunction indicator lamp control circuit related to the CEL not functioning. Also getting the following codes: p0054 HO2 S 12 heater resistance and p0496 Evaporative Emission System High Purge Flow. The test papers show a fail in only one category marked (READINESS) and 2 areas of the test marked not complete,1-EVAP CONTROL,2-O2 sensor. The dmv guy says he cannot complete the test because of the readiness monitors. I will be purchasing the shop manuals and a obd11 scan device for my present and future aid with servicing my van. So, I will check the fuses as it is always a good place to start. Any ideas on what scan tool would be good? I had a VINT-tt55502 USB scanner for my1997 Lincon towncar which worked nicely with windows 10. It only works on Ford, Mercury etc. It uses a system called Forscan.

If anyone has the set of GM shop manuals for my van I am willing to purchase them.

Thank-you
Old June 7th, 2021, 6:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

not sure who make the cds for the shop manuals but identifix, a subscription service will have full service ma nuals for all vehicles(less for german makes). it also has real time fixes from mechanics and what fixed it.