Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Recommendation for Heavy Duty Brake Rotors and Braided Line Kit

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2022, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendation for Heavy Duty Brake Rotors and Braided Line Kit

The rotors on my 2010 3500 are toast. I'm going to be doing more towing next year and want to put a set of heavy duty rotors on it that won't easily warp.

I've used EBC brand products before with a lot of luck. Curious if anyone has any suggestions on a make and model for a set of rotors to use on this machine.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old January 22nd, 2023, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Rotors

I think that the best ones out there are the Bosch QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Rotors, Part number (25010556). They are considered very high quality and very resistant to warping.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 7:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

I started this thread and Wagner Semi-Metalic was suggested. I was planning on getting Hawk LTS as I have liked their HPS brake pads in the past (except for the dust but I'd rather have the best performance). I have never tried EBC but lots of people like them. They have good cold bite which is a requirement for me.

I would be very careful about getting braided stainless lines with hydro-boost brakes. I think sticking with new stock lines and a good fresh DOT-4 brake fluid would do you best.

In my opinion every brake rotor out there is trash. Bosch QuiteCast are better than much of the rest but still Chi-Com scrap iron. If you could find some made in any country other than China I would be surprised.
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (January 23rd, 2023)