Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Rented a Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2019, 3:03 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rented a Grand Caravan

My last business trip had to go the Caribbean . Rented a car, I asked for a full size sedan. They didnt have one a the time so they offered a Grand Caravan, same price.
WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP.

I thought my almost 20 year old van had the worst suspension ever. Boy, i was wrong. This thing felt horrible. Is not big, is not small. cheap plastic all over, pieces falling when you step on it... what a piece of crap-

I will give it that engine wasnt that bad as I had to take over a couple of cars and it was acceptable.

So happy with my 20 year van.
Old February 26th, 2019, 3:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wouldn't catch me in one of those.
Old February 26th, 2019, 4:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We actually rented one for about two weeks after my wife totaled her Journey and before we purchased our Equinox. The one we had was a '18 or '19 with only ~6K miles. It was rather nice. More or less got use to the power sliding doors. Other than it be a Mom-mobile (her words - we do have grand kids - all our own kids are out of the house) she didn't mind it. The 3.6L V6 had plenty of get up and go.
Old February 26th, 2019, 8:20 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

at work it it was a carpool option that or a e350, but the caravan was cheaper and we like saving money. it was ok for maybe 5 adults as you could really only fit 1 guy in the back seat. that little 6 cylinder did have some pep to her
Old February 26th, 2019, 8:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We had a 97 plymouth voyager luxury edition. It was our family van while the kids were little.....got it used with 90k kms on it from a trusted source. It had the big 3.8 litre v6 and tranny combo that they reserve for the big sedans.
I have to say, that it was one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Great power, didnt have to fix a single thing for the 130k kms we owned it. Just gas oil and brakes. we sold it to a family member and they drove it for years more.
Not a work van for sure, but it was a solid family mover that never let us down.
Old February 27th, 2019, 6:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah thats correct, I use my VAN for family travel. And a lot of you guys use it for work. Another plus for the van that can work as both. The Caravan wont resisi a minute as a work horse.