Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Replacing the Console of our new-to-us 2007 chevy express

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2016, 3:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the Console of our new-to-us 2007 chevy express

My husband and I have just purchased a used 2007 Express cargo van and there is currently no closeable storage in the cabin area...the center console is the type with the fixed compartment. I would like to replace it with a console with a latching drawer (the type in this image... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...n/IMG_1463.jpg). Before we go ahead and order one....I *think* it looks like an easy thing to replace...but I cannot find any sort of video or images that are particularly useful in showing how to do it. Has anyone replaced the center console that can walk me through how to do it before we decide to buy one? From what photos I can find, It looks like its basically just 4 screws in the back that hold it in place....with the fixed compartment just being snapped on the front and the latching one having the front panel attached by its own screws that can be accessed when its open. Is it that simple?