Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Service TPMS, linked to keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2022, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service TPMS, linked to keyless entry?

Hi,

Just got a 2014 Savana 2500 bare bones work truck

It has a service tire monitor system error and none of the sensors are registering. I am hoping I just need to replace the sensors or batteries, but I have read that this system is connected to the keyless entry somehow. I did not get a keyfob with it and I am unsure if it originally came with one.

Is there anyway to tell if the vehicle came with a key fob, or any advice on diagnosing if the tire sensors are dead or if it is a greater problem?
Old June 15th, 2022, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmaki
Hi,

Just got a 2014 Savana 2500 bare bones work truck

It has a service tire monitor system error and none of the sensors are registering. I am hoping I just need to replace the sensors or batteries, but I have read that this system is connected to the keyless entry somehow. I did not get a keyfob with it and I am unsure if it originally came with one.

Is there anyway to tell if the vehicle came with a key fob, or any advice on diagnosing if the tire sensors are dead or if it is a greater problem?
I just got a 2017 Passenger and had questions about this as well. I found this, hopefully it sheds light on the subject for you: https://seventrumpet.com/reset-tire-...rolet-express/
Old June 15th, 2022, 9:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

get a diagnostic scan with a high level tool
Old June 18th, 2022, 6:52 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

I picked up a TPMS reset tool from Amazon that worked when I got new wheels/tires. No idea what your problem but the next step would likely be much more expensive. There are some videos on YouTube of people replacing batteries but the sensor is often not made for the batteries to be replaced and instead the whole sensor replaced.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title