Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Show off your van...pictures please!

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2024, 5:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome find... !!!
Old August 23rd, 2024, 4:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello!

Picked up a very clean '19 2500/6L, 125k on it. Hoping to make it a bit of a mobile man cave/mild overland build. Crash in the back from time to time for short spells. Maybe tow my Camaro around if it's capable. Ordered a stereo (need some CarPlay) and window tint going on today. Looking for some ideas on insulation and cargo liners, as well as carpet. Unsure how far to go for power. Ideally wanna do maybe a TV, Firestick, and some kind of mobile internet. If I can add something like an Xbox series S, even better. BUT... electricity and I have a FAFO kind of relationship... I FA, and inevitably FO.

Old August 24th, 2024, 6:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GPSkinzhut
Hello!

Picked up a very clean '19 2500/6L, 125k on it. Hoping to make it a bit of a mobile man cave/mild overland build. Crash in the back from time to time for short spells. Maybe tow my Camaro around if it's capable. Ordered a stereo (need some CarPlay) and window tint going on today. Looking for some ideas on insulation and cargo liners, as well as carpet. Unsure how far to go for power. Ideally wanna do maybe a TV, Firestick, and some kind of mobile internet. If I can add something like an Xbox series S, even better. BUT... electricity and I have a FAFO kind of relationship... I FA, and inevitably FO.

Towing your car is no problem. These things tow great. I got mine specifically to tow a travel trailer because we have 5 kids and can’t use a truck. Loaded it probably weighs about 9k lbs. the only issue is that the rear gearing is a little high. This is exacerbated by the fact that I put oversized tires on it, so I’ve got a 3.73 ring and pinion to go in it, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Old Today, 3:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ijasond
Towing your car is no problem. These things tow great. I got mine specifically to tow a travel trailer because we have 5 kids and can’t use a truck. Loaded it probably weighs about 9k lbs. the only issue is that the rear gearing is a little high. This is exacerbated by the fact that I put oversized tires on it, so I’ve got a 3.73 ring and pinion to go in it, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Perfect, that's good to know! I have a friend who wants me to go autocrossing and potentially some track time elsewhere. It'd be a lot less stressful knowing I could tow the car home.

I've got a 3.73 or 4.10 swap on my to-do list myself. BUT...she seemed to have developed a low RPM stumble shortly after getting it home so that's gonna take priority to figure out first. (yay.)
The following users liked this post:
Triaged (Today)