Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Side cargo "barn" door actuator dilemma

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2022, 8:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Side cargo "barn" door actuator dilemma

My 2012 2500 express had the side barn door (the right side with the lock) replaced with a used door before I bought it.
The replacement door has the power actuated latch but no pigtail connector plugged into it. My van has power to the door and I have 2 wire power inside the door (reverses polarity when clicking the auto door lock button).
I got a junkyard pigtail with connector off of the same year van as mine which has a two prong connection to the lock. It turns out the lock in my replaced door has a four prong (4 in-line) connection. Does anyone have any experience with this that can enlighten me? Is there a different year lock (same door) that uses 4 prong connecter that narrows down to 2 wire?
I know the obvious answer is to go buy a latch/actuator that has the 2 prong connector but my junkyard has since closed and there are no others anywhere near me. Just a shot in the dark here.
BTW, the prongs inside the actuator are tiny and recessed so fabricating my own pigtail connector is not really practical.
Just wondering if someone may have dealt with this exact issue.

Last edited by dankellyweir; March 26th, 2022 at 8:22 AM.