Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

side door

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2019, 7:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought of something else while parked on an incline, the 60/40 doors do not lock open. The slider I had before did.
Old August 4th, 2019, 7:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put too much stuff on the drivers side inside wall to have a sliding door there

If I was doing daily deliveries I would look for a double door slider......
Old August 4th, 2019, 11:11 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Trackvw
I put too much stuff on the drivers side inside wall to have a sliding door there

If I was doing daily deliveries I would look for a double door slider......

They did not offer the slider when they offered double doors. For me it is a no brainer. I would even go a step further. An ENTIRE SIDEWALL that opens. Give complete side access to the whole deck. That would be so beneficial. For working out of my truck, I never actually want to go INSIDE it. I just want to open a door, grab what I need and get back to work. That's why my layout and plans do not make sense to other people. They all want inside. I don't. I do not want to bend over and shuffle around. Simple. Open the door never go inside. If I was to sleep in it, like this last trip, well my stacking shelving system will have to accommodate for that. It's already August and I am still upfront at the two seats.
Old August 5th, 2019, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default side doors

Thank you everyone.out of a dozen vans only one has a slider.in my area.i'm going to try both and then make up my mind
The following users liked this post:
dberladyn (August 5th, 2019)
Old August 10th, 2019, 3:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

I've parked in garages/lots where the spaces were so tight that my slider was the ONLY way to exit my vehicle.

I like camping and the slider provides a nice clean opening without a door hanging open, and doesn't block access to the front passenger door.