Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Side marker mirror Bulb dead, how to remove the plastic casing to change the bulb?

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2021, 3:45 AM
Myi
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side marker mirror Bulb dead, how to remove the plastic casing to change the bulb?

I'm trying to remove the plastic casing for my 2010 Chevrolet Express 2500 which has the side mirror marker bulbs. Two orange casings over the bulbs, they snap in the mirror housing, but doesn't seem to come apart easily.

The last time I wanted to change it, I went to a dealership for something else and while I was there I asked him if he can change my bulb..
But of course they couldn't remove it properly, so instead they cracked the plastic, changing the bulb and then gluing back the whole casing.

And lastly I remember the plastic casing popping out when knocking at the two people's mirrors while driving down the street (no I did not cause any damage to the other cars) which caused the plastic to pop out.
But back then I didn't need to change the bulbs, I just snapped it back in.
So yes I know it comes out but there has to be a trick on removing the casing or maybe a video which would be very helpful?

There was not one thread that I could find nor a video on YouTube explaining or demonstrating how to remove the casing.

Any insights on this would be very helpful.
Not even the owner's manual, they don't mention anything about the side mirror marker bulbs.

The orange casing has the bulb inside.

​​​​​​​