Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Side Mirror with DE7 option

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2021, 3:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mirror with DE7 option

I have those DE7 side view mirrors with the amber turn signal indicator in the mirror housing. One of the bulbs burnt out and i would like to replace it.

I couldn't find any reference on what type of bulb is in there nor anything on how to get access to it. I was hoping the amber cover would pop off but it seems stuck on there.

Anyone know how to replace the bulb? I am hoping I don't have to take the mirror off or apart to do it.

DE7 Mirror Option

Last edited by e21pilot; April 9th, 2021 at 3:12 AM.
Old April 9th, 2021, 8:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

You might want to take a look at the other side and see how quickly the light comes on. It might be not a bulb but a few LEDs on a circuit board that is not replaceable. You might either have to replace the entire mirror or tear it all apart and solder new components onto the circuit board if you can figure out what let the smoke out.
Old April 10th, 2021, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't the lights were solid state and not likely to fail. Maybe I have a wiring issue instead. The other side works fine. I have had wiring issues with the rear signals as well. Maybe the front signals are starting to have issues.