Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

TP2 aux battery diagram?

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2020, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TP2 aux battery diagram?

Hi everyone, some great stuff here and appreciate all the input. 2017 GM Express 2500 Pass van with TP2 aux battery. just getting around to utilizing the aux battery and can not find the Blunt End Connector anywhere. looked in the Upfitters manual and with the dealer i bought it from. Anyone with any experience with this factory setup help would be greatly appreciated.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 1:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 660 Likes on 599 Posts

try gmupfitter.com
Old July 3rd, 2020, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

already downloaded the pdf. i will search the doc again but so far i have only schematics. not actual physical locations on the vehicle.

the tech bulletin shows the wiring harness with the (2) 30amp fuse block and the Blunt End Connector should be routed just under the winshield washer area above the engine and penetrating the firewall thru a plug just outside of the steering column access hole and the Blunt End Connector tied up next to the brake pedal. the wiring harness shown in the bulletin is not there but the aux battery + cable was routed up from the left side of the vehicle and encorprated with the cranking battery, relay and starter.

was wondering if anybody had experienced this before and the wiring had been routed elsewhere before i tear the van apart looking for it. appreciate the help!

Last edited by MarknMD; July 3rd, 2020 at 9:48 PM.
Old July 4th, 2020, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 660 Likes on 599 Posts

the electrical manuals on gmupfitter have component locations
Old July 4th, 2020, 12:36 PM
CF Beginner

I’ve found the component list chart but still can not actually locate the harness on the vehicle.

wondering if it’s possible the harness was forgotten about during the upfitting?

one other thing I noticed was the neg cable was grounded to the frame instead of tying into the crank batt neg. (think I read that in a notice they should be connected together)

that will teach me to check that everything is installed right after buying instead of waiting a few yrs.

Last edited by MarknMD; July 4th, 2020 at 12:41 PM.