Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Trying to find a carpet kit

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2022, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find a carpet kit

Hi we purchased an 06 3500 15 passenger used and the person we got it from trashed the carpets. we tried shampooing them and they still are just trashed. The only kits we can find say they will fit a 96 to 02. Does anyone know if it would fit my 06 if not does anyone know where I could get one that does.
Old August 19th, 2022, 12:10 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

I don't know why the 96-02 kit wouldn't work, the interior floor doesn't change on these. If you can order it from someone who will let you return it maybe you can lay it out and see if it's different can you live with the difference.

Or, frankly, the floor is just flat except for the rear wheel housings. I always put a section of box hardware store indoor-outdoor carpet remnant in mine. In fact the last one was slightly better grade than that. Just a grey loop pile that matched up fine. No reason you couldn't take the seats out and run one all the way up to the firewall, just cut out for the doghouse, the footwells and the rear wheel houses. With a 12P you'd have to cut out for the seat tracks too. But the stuff cuts easy enough with a sharp knife. Run the edges under the factory trim in the footwells and at the back. Might cost you $75 if you buy a big remnant.
Old August 19th, 2022, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by William Kisselstein
I don't know why the 96-02 kit wouldn't work, the interior floor doesn't change on these. If you can order it from someone who will let you return it maybe you can lay it out and see if it's different can you live with the difference.

Or, frankly, the floor is just flat except for the rear wheel housings. I always put a section of box hardware store indoor-outdoor carpet remnant in mine. In fact the last one was slightly better grade than that. Just a grey loop pile that matched up fine. No reason you couldn't take the seats out and run one all the way up to the firewall, just cut out for the doghouse, the footwells and the rear wheel houses. With a 12P you'd have to cut out for the seat tracks too. But the stuff cuts easy enough with a sharp knife. Run the edges under the factory trim in the footwells and at the back. Might cost you $75 if you buy a big remnant.
I didn't think that the vans changed all that much except a "facelift". I asked the company and they said no it would not fit my biggest problem is that I have the passenger van so the carpet had heat welded plastic inserts to lock the seat pins into the rails and all the carpet kits look like they are for cargo vans
Old August 19th, 2022, 2:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

This might help you. If it doesn't you can try dyeing your old carpet. You can also buy some carpet and trim it to fit.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c.../25759156.html
Old August 19th, 2022, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
This might help you. If it doesn't you can try dyeing your old carpet. You can also buy some carpet and trim it to fit.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c.../25759156.html
thank you. we just contacted them and apparently our carpet has been discontinued.
Old August 19th, 2022, 11:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Later models with the rollover sensor between the front seats have a distinctive hump in the carpet. This is perhaps, the difference in carpets. (???)
The following users liked this post:
Trailrez1 (August 20th, 2022)
Old August 20th, 2022, 4:16 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

I took my one seat out and never put it back but unless the design changed I don't think that plastic is necessary to lock the pins. But if the old carpet is junk maybe you could cut those portions out of it to re-use.

Mine had just a vinyl mat in the back cut out for the seat tracks; it was a former "short bus" from the state DDSO and had a single seat added in the middle with extra belts and only a rear movable bench.