Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Turn signal issue

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2019, 5:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal issue

Express 2004, 2500. 6LV8. 359,000m

Left turn signal is intermittent. Sometimes works, sometimes flashes2-3 times, then quits. Mostly not at all. Right turn is fine. Samr thing happens with the emrgency flasher. Any ideas where to start? All lamps do flash when its working.
Old August 1st, 2019, 8:08 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Syncman
Express 2004, 2500. 6LV8. 359,000m

Left turn signal is intermittent. Sometimes works, sometimes flashes2-3 times, then quits. Mostly not at all. Right turn is fine. Samr thing happens with the emrgency flasher. Any ideas where to start? All lamps do flash when its working.
1.) Loose Flasher / Fuses. Check all that apply.
2.) Loose, Dirty, Corroded Connections. Check all that apply.
3.) Near Broken / Loose Wire. Inspect.
Old August 1st, 2019, 11:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You can probably rule out the flasher relays. They are separate relays (T/S & 4 way), so unless both are bad, it's not the issue. I'd ask if when it happens, are they are lit or go dark. Usually, when a bulb or socket go bad, the unaffected bulbs stay lit, but don't flash. It would have to be something that both T/S and 4 ways share, so check if they share a fuse. The rear socket harness is notorious for failure. It's a harness that plugs in at the tail light. If your van is a cargo van, you should be able to see it on the inside. I'd assume there is one for the front as well,but I've never been in there.