Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Windshield Wipers - Any tips?

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2019, 11:31 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I do not remember having that problem, mind you most things work great when they are new. My old ones were toast from being parked so long, sitting in the sun collecting dirt and growing mildew and moss in the rain. I will take pictures some time, I just have this terrible headache. I always do these days. I am hoping that these will work better in the snow. They are really low to the windshield and I have a bad habit of leaving the wiper switch on. Overnight or over a few days the snow can really pile.

Quite honestly, cheaper wipers (half price) might be better as they get changed more often, but environmentally not so. I don't know. We will see with some rain.

PIAA #97055
http://www.piaa.com/store/p/121-22-5...per-Blade.aspx

Last edited by dberladyn; May 26th, 2019 at 9:03 PM.
Old October 28th, 2019, 8:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 658 Likes on 597 Posts

wiper blade comparison

Old October 29th, 2019, 4:59 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I will watch that later, but I am very happy with the wipers I bought. Very happy.
Old October 29th, 2019, 7:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the internet shows 22 inch blades , are both sides the same ?

They just get sunburned here , and most of the year only used a minute or 2 so you can wipe the morning dew off.....
Old October 29th, 2019, 8:23 PM
Super Moderator

Here we use them 9 months out of the year.
Old November 5th, 2020, 9:01 PM
Super Moderator

More wiper blade testing. Bosch Icon takes the lead this time.

Old November 5th, 2020, 9:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A pair of Rain X or Bosch wipers will last long
Old November 6th, 2020, 11:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 272 Likes on 235 Posts

I’ve never invested too much into wipers - usually I grab whatever’s available off the shelf when I’m at the auto or hardware store because I happen to remember they need changing. But I’m not usually bothered when they’re streaking because I can still see well enough and I’m one of those psychotic drivers that does stupid things like pay attention, keep both hands on the wheel, and use my turn signal.

Now, if they’re skipping or bouncing across the windshield, it’s definitely time for replacement - I can’t stand the noise.

Most manufacturers (OEM or aftermarket) recommend replacing them every 6 months anyway, so unless you’re living in a climate with frequent snow and/or rain, the cheaper brands will generally last that long.

At work we stock Bosch perfect view - I finally installed them on my car a few months ago and they’re doing very well so far - they only streak if there’s some dirt or debris caught under them. We’ll see how they do when the snow starts falling.
Old November 7th, 2020, 10:11 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1933416
$2.89 on Rock Auto right now. Hard to justify anything more expensive when you can just toss a new pair of those on once a year. Then again I live in SoCal where it doesn't rain much and doesn't snow at all. It's the summer sun that kills them.
Old November 18th, 2020, 3:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Whew,way too much for me to follow. My 2 cents com from my van and truck driving.
#1. Buy 4 of the regular $5 Walmart blades and keep where they don't get damage.
#2 . Go as long as you can without wiper hitting the moulding. Think my stock was 16 inches but I swing 18 now.
#3 . Buy the bottle of rain x and apply monthly.
#4. Wiper Huggies put much more pressure on the windshield. Mine have even survived a 70 mph pigeon strike.
#5. Always less frustrating to have a small electric heater to help defroster