Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

The year-span of part sharing between different chevy vans?

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2020, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The year-span of part sharing between different chevy vans?

Hey there!

I'm driving a 1992 Chevy G20 4.3L and am currently diving into a camper conversion project. I'm really interested in converting my (broken) power window regulators to manual crank regulators and I've researched that its a tough task to handle alone, and an expensive one if taken to a mechanic. I was thinking of searching for chevy g20 vans at my local junkyards to see if I could just replace my driver and passenger doors with manual crank windows. Does anyone happen to know the span of years that my van is allowed to share in parts? Specifically, the doors?
Old September 23rd, 2022, 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vent weatherstrip

Originally Posted by pandu5
Hey there!

I'm driving a 1992 Chevy G20 4.3L and am currently diving into a camper conversion project. I'm really interested in converting my (broken) power window regulators to manual crank regulators and I've researched that its a tough task to handle alone, and an expensive one if taken to a mechanic. I was thinking of searching for chevy g20 vans at my local junkyards to see if I could just replace my driver and passenger doors with manual crank windows. Does anyone happen to know the span of years that my van is allowed to share in parts? Specifically, the doors?

Did you ever find one? I cannot find one.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 7:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ws

diagrams GMC 1992 G2500
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (September 23rd, 2022)
Old September 25th, 2022, 12:20 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

If you were to swap doors, any 71-95 (and 96 1-ton) door bolts up. There are no major body changes in this period save the grille area.

The regulators are easy to swap, I had to take one apart and put a new motor on it. I found the squarebody suburbans share some parts, and used a left rear '86 Suburban motor on the right front of a 91 van. I don't think it took more than an hour or so.

The same 91 had rear doors that had been on an '85 when I bought them, and spent time on a '95 in between.