Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

04 express van 1500

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2022, 8:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 express van 1500

Hi to everyone, I am new to this forum, I have an 04 express 1500 van that I just had a steering inner tie rod bend, I put in new inner and outer tie rods on both sides along with the stabilizers now I finished everything and it all looks good but when I went to move the van I noticed a strange vibration in the steering, so right back in the drive I went. I jacked it up and noticed I did not have any power steering fluid or very little in the res, so I filled it. then when I went to turn the wheels there is a really bad vibration in the steering, so I shut it off and started the bleeding process what a process it is. and still, when I start it and turn the wheel it has a really bad vibration in it, so bad I shut it off to stop it, I am not sure if the rack and pinion went to heck or if that hydro-boost is causing the vibration or the power steering unit, if anyone has any good advice, I would greatly appreciate it. ty.